Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant - Rozelle

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

"A vegetarian restaurant?!" I exclaimed as V explains what type of food is served at Harvest, as we attempt to settle for a place to eat on a Saturday night.

V and I have so much in common and one of them is that we love to try out new cuisines and new restaurants. And tonight is no exception.

Since I've never been to a vegetarian restaurant (that is not Chinese) and am not at all familiar with the vegetarian/vegan scene around Sydney, I was pretty excited!

This place is situated just off Darling Street in Balmain. It is in the middle of a quiet residential street and we spotted this restaurant straight away because of the lights in the middle of the dark. We loved the quaint deco of this place - and I told V that for some reasons I felt like I was in New York City.

It was quiet when we arrived at around 6pm however we were told we'd have to leave before 8:30pm as they are all booked out for the night.

The ambiance of the restaurant of warm and homey. The light was dimmed so apologies for the bad photos! Dim lights are obviously not a photographer's best friend!

I've seen people making twice baked cheese souffle on both MasterChef and My Kitchen Rules and have also bookmarked a cookbook for this dish. So as you can imagine how wide the smile was on my face when I saw it on the menu.

It was delicious - light fluffy souffle with such a strong kick of flavour from the goats cheese. It was a great way to start the dinner.

Twice baked goat cheese souffle $13.50

I ordered the sweet potato gnocchi with garlic cream for the main. The serving looks rather small but I could hardly finish it at the end! The gnocchi was lightly sweet and works well with the heavy garlic cream.

English spinach & wweet potato gnocchi with garlic cream $20.50

V ordered the pancake with mushrooms. The flavoursome mushrooms were roasted very well but the pancakes were a bit on the hard side. But it was still enjoyable nevertheless.

Savoury Mushroom Pancake Stack with an English Spinach Sauce $21.50

We were also given a refreshing salad to go with our mains! Nice!

Complimentary salad

Entrance to the restaurant

Harvest Vegetarian is a place I'd go for a special occasion - the warm ambiance and hearty vegetarian food is what makes this place stand-out. I'm also keen to explore more vegetarian restaurants from now on too!

Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant
71 Evans Street
Rozelle NSW 2039‎
Tel: (02) 9818 4201‎


4 comments:

Unknown April 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

loved the Twice baked goat cheese souffle!!!! was so yummy - melt in my mouth!

Unknown November 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM  

it is a nice blog to see the vegetarian foods. online food order

KIRUTHIVASAN May 25, 2018 at 6:06 PM  

I have been visiting your recipe blog regularly. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "
Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant - Rozelle" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites milk & ghee sweet | south indian resataurants

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP