Wakana - Artarmon

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

I am lucky to have my exercise buddy P living in the same building as me. Without her I would probably not have been so motivated to put on my sports shoes each week (it's 4 years old and looking brand new).

One fine day after work, I decided to meet P at St. Leonards Station (close to her workplace) and walk back home with her as a form of exercise that is so much better than the gym ;-)

As we'd have to walk past Artarmon on our way home, we stopped for a dinner break (I know what you're thinking, but one must have energy in order to continue walking ;-) )

Wakana is a Japanese restaurant well-known for its BBQ style cooking. You can cook your own cuts of meat (big selection - e.g. beef tongue, harami, pork, chicken), seafood, vegetable on the grill on your table. Their dipping sauces for the BBQ is lovely! However today we weren't in the mood for BBQ.

Complimentary starter salad. Love the special Wakana dressing

Wakana salad $15

Yes, you saw it correctly. It's got your breakfast cornflakes on the salad (just think of it as croutons in caesar salad and you'll be alright) as well as fish roe, avacado, sundried tomatoes and raw salmon. Delicious!

Wakana salad $15

Wagyu Beef Curry $10

I've been to Wakana countless times, and everytime I have to order Wagyu Beef Curry. It's massive serving and good to share with someone else. The beef is what I love about this dish. It's sooo soft - melt in your mouth soft. Hmmmmm.


Yakinku Restaurant Wakana‎
2A Broughton Rd,
Artarmon NSW 2064‎
Tel: (02) 9419 7499


4 comments:

YW May 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

hi there, stumbled upon your blog when I was googling for wakana salad dressing recipe. Bit disappointed that it's not here, but happy that I found a great food blog :D

I've been to wakana a few times, but never thought of getting the beef curry.. looks like it's something to order next visit :)

Viv May 8, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

YW - Thanks for your kind comment! I recall seeing a list of ingredients that are in the salad dressing (it was at the counter at the restaurant!) Perhaps will ask for it next time I go ;) It's so delicious huh? Yes, try the curry next time!

Williams February 28, 2020 at 1:14 AM  

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. Find here a very famous game Click speed Test

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP