Orange and Honey Pudding

>> Saturday, October 2, 2010


I love the smell of

*freshly washed laundry
*popcorn-filled cinema
*freshly shampoo-ed hair
*a new book
*a good patisserie (with croissants) at 5am
*fresh cut grass
*leather seats in new cars
*seaweed at the beach
*fresh brewed coffee
*fireplace on a cold night
*damp smell after the rain
*freshly painted house
*something that brings back memories
*garlic stir-fry anything
*my fingers after i eat a juicy burger
*my kitchen when I bake banana bread
*newborn babies

I also like the smell of an orange when you cut into it.

This may (unconsciously of course) be the reason why so many oranges were unnecessarily used to make this pudding. I'm already a bit embarrassed sharing this.

You see, I've been a bit jet-lagged...

Gelatin were supposed to be softened with 40mL of water.

I read 400mL.

Oops. Take two (a day after as I needed to replenish my orange supplies).

Accidently warmed up my milk before I combined with the orange juice.

Don't ever do that. It curdled into the most horrible looking something that I hope you'll never see. 

I almost used another word for that something. 

Glad I didn't because it will ruin the appeal of the pudding.

Take three.

The smell of success!

Sometimes, it does take time just to do the simplest thing. But it's worth the effort.

Light and healthy...and took me straight back to childhood.


Orange and Honey Pudding

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Freshly squeezed orange juice 
  • 1 orange (flesh), chopped into cubes
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 cup milk - I've used full fat (alternatively, you can replace 1/4 cup of milk with cream)
  • 8 grams gelatin powder
1. Add the gelatin powder to 40mL of water in a small bowl to soften.

2. In a pot, combine the milk with the orange juice and turn up the heat to cook (It is important that you combine the orange with the milk before heating up i.e. not warm up the milk first then add the juice).

3. Once the liquid is hot (not boiling), remove from stove and add in the softened gelatin from step 1 and honey. Stir to combine.

4. Sieve the liquid from the previous step.


5. Put the cut of orange flesh into your containers evenly, and pour in the liquid from the pot. Once cooled down, place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

6. Once set, you can pour a small amount of orange juice on top of the containers as I have done.

So, what is your favourite smell?

16 comments:

Larissa October 3, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

Those are beautiful! Right now, I am crazy for fall smells...cider doughnuts, cinnamon, burning leaves, pie in the oven.

Duong October 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Croissants are definitely up there on my list of smells.
It's a little sick but I also like freshly painted rooms.
New car smells.
The smell When you first break the seal on the instant coffee jar.

Anna October 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Beautiful! I love the smell of passionfruit and mangoes freshly cut.. both remind me so much of fun times in summer :)

Julie October 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

aren't you paranoid about getting sick with the milk/orange mix??

Celeste @ Berrytravels October 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

Favourite smell... the smell of success? ;p

But seriously speaking, the smell of baking always drives me wild with delight. A freshly baked cake, cookies, tarts... anything baking in the oven has me buzzing. I love it!

Maria @ Scandi Foodie October 4, 2010 at 4:34 AM  

Yum this looks delicious Vivienne!

Lisa October 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

i just found your blog! your recipes are wonderful!

Viv October 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

newlywed: I am missing fall already when you mentioned those fall smells cos it's Spring here already! Burning leaves...how special!

Duong: Yes, that moment when all the coffee aroma bursts out of the jar!

Ladybird: Yea I love how certain food has the power to bring back memories!

Julie: LOL. not really. I grew up having cereal+milk with orange juice. Although I do see your point hahhaa. But it tastes fine :P

Celeste: The smell of baking makes me feel at home and comfortable too.

Maria: Thanks Maria!

Lisa: Thanks for visiting my blog Lisa!

Deborah October 6, 2010 at 4:14 AM  

Many of your favorite smells are my favorite smells, too!! I love orange and I know this would be a hit for me!

Anonymous,  November 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

I just made this, it's still cooling in the fridge. I have no idea what's going to come out of this mix, I'm hoping I don't get sick. It looks a little weird. I'll give it a chance and let it cool to see what happens.

Viv November 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

hehe did it curdle or something? i hope it turns out well :)

Anonymous,  October 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM  

Harlo, Sandy here. would like to know the cup is about how many ml or grams?

Viv October 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

Hi Sandy...1 cup is around 237mL! Hope this helps :)

Anonymous,  December 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM  

I want to visit to start my day. I also admire your selection. I’ll be back soon for more discussions. As of the moment I’ll just leave a quick post just letting you know I love your blog.educationski.com |

highschoolcase.com |

adreducationalsystems.com |

bveducationstation.com |

collegestudentleadership.com |

dainikbhaskareducationsummit.com |

dreameducationagency.com |

fafsacollegemoney.com |

felixeducationapps.com |

horwitzeducation.com |

pepsicollegecredit.com |

schipholeducationcenter.com |

studiofitnesscollege.com |

wemovecolleges.com |

idiy-fashion.com |

Susan April 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM  

I am upbeat to discover this post exceptionally helpful for me, as it contains part of data. I generally want to peruse the quality substance and this thing I found in you post. There are so many fun and exciting things to do and experience around the world that I thought I'd put together a list of my favourite Things to do for all travelers ...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP