Peanut Butter, Nutella and Jam Popsicles

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010


We all know that novelty wears off...

But there are a few exceptions, such as watching the sunset (surely I've seen a number of sunsets in my lifetime, but I still oooh-and-aaah everytime without fail), rainbows after the rain, playing with a giggling baby, listening to your favourite song on iPod and for me personally...

All day breakfast.

When I do find myself in a cafe that serves all day breakfast, my heart skips a beat. Ok, maybe not quite...but there is definitely something about having breakfast at 3pm that makes me feel giddy inside. Oh, you too? Good.


Because these popsicles may have that effect on you as well. They are made with your breakfast spreads and once you start making them, you might find yourself needing to restock your spreads more often than you'd like. You may also find yourself heading straight to the freezer after work. Nibbling on one while you cook. And another one after dinner. And so yes, they are addictive and would definitely classify as 'all day breakfast'.

In keeping with the 'breakfast' theme, I added greek yoghurt as the base. I don't think I can pour cream into these and call them breakfast. It's not my kind of thing. And the best part is, they taste great with the yoghurt!


I used crunchy peanut butter for this, but you can use the smooth version if you prefer. I love the crunchiness so much that I bought some raw hazelnuts, crushed them, and added them to the tip of the nutella popsicles!

These mini popsicle makers are from IKEA for a couple of bucks (and I finally bought 1kg of frozen meatballs too!). They're to me, the next best thing after an ice-cream maker (especially if you don't have one like myself!)

I hope you do give this a go! The peanut butter one is seriously good (if you're a PB fan like myself).

Crunchy Peanut Butter Popsicle
Makes 3 mini popsicles
  • 2 generous tbsp crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp condense milk (adjust to your preference)
  • ~1/2 cup greek yoghurt (I used Black Swan)
  • ~ 3 tbsp milk
1. Mix the peanut butter in a bowl with condense milk until combined. 

2. Pour in the yoghurt and continue mixing with a spoon until smooth.

3. Add the milk (decrease or increase the amount of milk depending on the size of your popsicle makers) and once again mix until smooth before pouring them into the popsicle molds. The mix should not be too runny.

4. Freeze overnight.

Crunchy Nutella Popsicle
Makes 3 mini popsicles
  • 2 generous tbsp Nutella
  • handful of hazelnuts, crushed
  • ~1/2 cup greek yoghurt
  • ~ 3 tbsp milk
1. Mix the nutella spread in a bowl and with the yoghurt and mix with a spoon until smooth.

2. Add the milk (decrease or increase the amount of milk depending on the size of your popsicle makers) and once again mix until smooth.

3. Take out a small portion of the mix (a few tbsp) and combine with the crushed hazelnut. Pour a small amount into each of the molds for the tip of the popsicles.

4.  Pour the rest of the mix into the popsicle molds.

5. Freeze overnight.

Blueberry Yoghurt Popsicle
Makes 3 mini popsicles
  • 2 generous tbsp jam of choice (I prefer the ones with chunky fruit pieces)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • ~1/2 cup greek yoghurt
  • ~ 3 tbsp milk
1. Mix the jam in a bowl with the honey and until combined. 

2. Pour in the yoghurt and continue mixing with a spoon until smooth.

3. Add the milk (decrease or increase the amount of milk depending on the size of your popsicle makers) and once again mix until smooth before pouring them into the popsicle molds.

4. Freeze overnight.

Blueberry yoghurt popsicle (and s'cuse the terrible photo!)

11 comments:

grub November 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

i'm not too sure of the nutella and peanut butter popsicle since i prefer them on toast, but i think the jam one works well since it's something similar i do at home, but with compote :D

Amy @ cookbookmaniac November 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

the crunchy nutella popsicle has my name all over it!!

Duong November 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

I need some popsicle makers so I make these! They look awesome. I don't really like greek yoghurt. Do you think any yoghurt will do?

j3ss kitch3n November 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

these popsicles looks so great!!! love them all!

Unknown November 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Wow!! I should grab one of these which are on sale in IKEA and do it today. Looks so awesome :)

Joanne November 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

My lord with all of this PB and nutella deliciousness, I feel kind of like I'm dreaming. I think you need to come over to the US and pinch me. And bring some of these popsicles with you.

Viv November 20, 2010 at 2:24 AM  

grub: haha yeah i really should use compote too but am way too lazy to make some ;)

Amy: Then that can only mean one thing! Make it soon!

Duong: I'm not sure..since greek yoghurt is more creamy than normal yoghurt...probably the texture won't be as good?

j3sskitch3n: thanks :)

Weng: Yes you should! they're so cheap and the amt of happiness they bring..priceless!

Joanne: They'd melt before I even get to the airport :D Altho I would love to go over to the US and make it for you :)

kirbie November 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

What a wonderful idea. I really want to make the nutella ones. Luckily I have a Popsicle set. Now I just need to make these.

Maria @ Scandi Foodie November 29, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

LOVE the blueberry one! My bf and I love berry everything, but unfortunately (or fortunately for me) he's not so keen on ice cream which would mean that this treat would be completely mine! :-D

Kate December 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Yum! These popsicles look positively addictive. I'm recently fallen in love with Greek yogurt, and I've loved Nutella, etc. forever... I need to try these!

Susan March 20, 2020 at 6:42 PM  

I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also¡KI’m happy to search out numerous useful info right here within the submit, we’d like develop extra strategies in this regard. The IP address of a device is 192.168.l.254 which is regarded as a private IP address. Whenever people buy a new router or modem, it comes with a default username and password. These particular login credentials help the users to protect their internet from irrelevant connections. Unfortunately, if you forget the router password then, it becomes quite challenging to find it out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP