Black Sesame Agar Agar + winners of Baker's Delight challenge

>> Thursday, December 16, 2010

[Scroll to the bottom of the post to see if you're the winner of the Baker's Delight Challenge!]

This week I am learning to surrender

The relinquishment of one's own will, says wiki. 

What exactly am I surrendering? Well, a dream of mine. Although small - it does mean something to me. A dream that is almost within an arm's reach.

But circumstances change in our lives, and most of the time with little notice. So you try to be mature about it. You wrestle with the decisions in your head over and over. Then you step back. If you don't let go your hold on it, how can you know what else God has planned for you?

So here I am.  I am trying to be patient and I am waiting. I am also a bit scared of the unknown. 

Thankfully the thought that this joyous time of the year is upon us (9 more sleeps 'til Christmas - I kid you not!) just makes everything a little better. The sun came out for me this morning... Did that 'mean' person from work just smiled at me? Oh why, doesn't my hair look fashionably messy today? And how could I have made this black sesame agar agar look rather...well, presentable? ;)

Truth be told, I haven't been able to do any Christmas cooking/baking! But I have definitely enjoyed reading soo many wonderful posts from all over the world. This agar agar was made just because I happened to have the ingredients available. It may look like black sesame panna cotta, but the texture is completely different! Do not expect some smooth, velvety kind of pudding. The agar agar makes it rather 'chewable' if you know what I mean. It's almost like eating a banana that's black sesame flavoured. That sounds weird, doesn't it? But if you're a black sesame fan like I am, you'll be addicted and have one after another....

Black Sesame Agar Agar
Makes around 4
  • 3 tbsp sweetened black sesame paste (I used 3 tbsp of black sesame powder instead)
  • ~2 tbsp sugar (omit this if you're using the paste. Adjust the sugar according to your personal taste.)
  • 100ml cream
  • 400ml milk
  • 1 tsp agar agar powder
  • (optional) - whipping cream
  • (optional) - brown sugar syrup
1. In a bowl, add in the sesame paste and slowly pour in the cream and mix until combined. If using black sesame powder as I did, combine with the sugar first before blending in with the cream.

2. In a pot, add the milk and agar agar powder. Let sit for a few minutes and begin heating it up on a stove on low/medium heat until it boils. Take the pot off the stove.

3. Pour the black sesame cream paste from step 1 into the pot with the hot milk and mix to combine.

4. Let the pot sit in a bath of ice cold water and to cool down before pouring into the pudding molds.  Place into the fridge until set.

5. To serve - whip up some cream and pour some brown sugar syrup over the top.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Baker's Delight Challenge Winners!

Sorry for the long wait - but here are the randomly picked winners of the Baker's Delight challenge:

grub
Duong
Angela
deb
LimeCake

Congrats people! I will be sending you an e-mail soon.

Angela - I do not have your details so you will have to shoot me an e-mail!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

17 comments:

OohLookBel December 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

woohooo! Black sesame in a jelly - this is a match made in heaven.

j3ss kitch3n December 17, 2010 at 3:09 AM  

how could i not fall for this! divine!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart December 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Something so new to me and so interesting and delicious looking!

I love stopping by to visit with you ~ I just sense your kind and tender heart!

Zoe December 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Welcome back to posting. Hope that you are ok. Sometimes, it's to "surrender" for not thinking. Just relax and see what happens... Oh well, it's easy for me to say this than to be in the actual situation :D This looks delicious! With your advise, I have bought a packet of black sesame powder and can't to try all the black sesame recipes.

Vivian - vxdollface December 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Fabulous! Was thinking of making this for my gran this Christmas :D btw where did you buy the black sesame powder from? I have black sesame seeds.. does it work if I grind it?

Oh and it was lovely meeting you at the Christmas picnic!

Joanne December 18, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

Ehhh sounds like you're having one of those mornings as well. Let's hope for a better next few days, yeah?

I love the taste of sesame and I'm all up for a new and intriguing texture!

The Food Librarian December 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

Lovely! I made something from agar agar yesterday (inspired by you). This is definitely going on my list! - mary

hanushi December 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

I also have a pack of black sesame powder. Shall bookmark this wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

sheena December 19, 2010 at 3:45 AM  

thanks so much for stopping by! Your blog is so pretty:)

LimeCake December 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

oh my gosh, imagine coming home today getting horribly drenched from the rain to see i've won something! i never win anything! p.s. i love black sesame ice cream, and i'm sure i'd love this agar agar too.

sugarpuffi December 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

ohhhhhhhhhhh black sesame agar agar!! fancy smancy hehe :p Such a brief visit by you during the picnic. miss you muchie :(

Julie December 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

actually i made a version of this with pandan! I grinded my own black sesame ~ it was soo gritty! eeek.. (and i mixed it with coconut milk). Your version looks and sounds so much better!

grub December 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

omg i won something O_O XD my lucky day! thanks for the oppurtunity! hehe black sesame..my nemesis... but the shape of the jelly looks cute, i need to get my hands of some proper pudding moulds :)

Maria @ Scandi Foodie February 9, 2011 at 5:00 AM  

I love black sesame! This looks gorgeous!

Anonymous,  December 23, 2020 at 7:43 PM  

awesome flan cake recipe with Sesame seed :D

thotha June 8, 2022 at 10:46 AM  

you can try these out learn this here now additional resources website here look at this web-site Dolabuy Chloe

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP